Chilliwack Citizens on Patrol (CCOP)
Chilliwack Citizens on Patrol is a volunteer group of area residents who care about our community and want to make it safer for residents. The main focus of the program is being the extra eyes and ears for the RCMP. This involves two person patrols maintaining contact with their own dispatcher and the RCMP dispatch as needed.
Not limited to just patrols, Chilliwack Citizens on Patrol assist with these programs:
- Stolen Auto Recovery
- Lock-It-Or-Lose-It campaign
- Traffic control for various events around the City
Currently with 62 volunteers, the Chilliwack Citizens on Patrol has logged over 5449 hours to ensure the safety of their community.
Join Us! We're looking for Volunteers!
To become a Chilliwack Citizens on Patrol volunteer you must:
- Be 19 years or older
- Complete a Criminal Record and Enhanced Security Clearance Test
- Commit to volunteering a minimum of ten hours per month
- Successfully complete the Citizens on Patrol Training Program
Citizens on Patrol is an excellent way to have fun and to make a difference in assisting in crime prevention in our community!
For More Information...
To learn more about the Citizens on Patrol Program, please contact 604.393.3012 or drop by the Crime Prevention Services office.