Yard Trimmings Options
Yard Trimmings can be disposed of using one of the following methods:
- Curbside Collection - For a small monthly fee you can have yard waste taken away with your weekly collection. Call the City Finance Department at 604.792.9498 to sign up for a minimum 2 months subscription. NOTE: The subscription continues until you cancel it.
- After May 1, 2017, all residences on the City's Curbside Collection Prgram will be able to place organics (food waste and yard waste) at the curb for collection. Click here for more information.
- Green Depot - Drop off at the Green Depot on Parr Road just north of the intersection at Kerr and Yale Avenue. For more information call 604.997.0515.
- Backyard Composting - Compost yard trimmings, fruit and vegetable scraps to create an ideal fertilizer for your garden. Composters are available at most hardware and garden stores as well as the Green Depot.
- Grass Recycling - Leave cut grass on your lawn after mowing to return valuable nutrients to the soil and reduce the need for disposal.