2014 General Local Election
1 City of Chilliwack Mayor
Nomination Packages available for pick-up:
August 22, 2014
9:00 am, Tuesday, September 30, 2014
Notice of Election by Voting
Qualifications for Office
A person is qualified to be nominated, elected, and to hold office as a member of local government if they meet the following criteria:
For more information please contact one of the follow:
P. Carol Friesen, Chief Election Officer at 604.793.8081
Janice McMurray, Deputy Chief Election Officer at 604.793.2986
Robert Carnegie, Deputy Chief Election Officer at 604.793.2986
Delcy Wells, Deputy Chief Election Officer at 604.793.2986
GENERAL VOTING DAY will be Saturday, November 15, 2014, between 8:00 am and 8:00 pm.
Advance Voting Opportunities will be held between 8:00 am and 8:00 pm at City Hall, 8550 Young Road, Chilliwack BC on Wednesday, November 5, 2014 and Wednesday, November 12, 2014.
Special Voting Opportunities will be conducted for the residents, their family members and the employees at the following locations on the dates specified:
Cascade Lodge - 45586 McIntosh Drive, Friday, November 14, 2014
Chilliwack General Hospital/Bradley Centre - 45600 Menholm Road, Friday, November 14, 2014
INFORMATION FOR VOTERS:
Who is eligible to vote?
- You must be 18 years of age or older, or will be on general voting day;
- You must be a Canadian citizen;
- You must have resided in British Columbia for at least 6 months immediately preceding voting day;
- You must have resided in the City of Chilliwack for at least 30 days immediately preceding voting day;
- You must not be disqualified by the Local Government Act or any other enactment from voting in this election; and
- You must be entitled to vote, and have not previously voted in this election.
- Non-Resident Property Electors - refer to Notice of Election above
Eligible Voter (Answer a few questions to see if you are eligible to vote in the next Chilliwack election)
Proof of Identity and Residency. Proof of Identity & Residency Is REQUIRED when you vote.
Do I have to register?
Registration occurs on General Voting Day only at the voting location.
|Candidate's Guide to Local Government Elections in B.C.||2014-07-17||833KB|
|Election Officials Ad||2014-07-03||235KB|
|Election Procedures Bylaw 2004, No. 3016||2014-07-04||18KB|
|Election Sign Bylaw 2013, No. 3899||2014-07-04||29KB|
The City of Chilliwack will be using automated voting machines for the 2014 election. These machines will bring a faster, easier and more accurate election.
Proof of Identity & Residency Is REQUIRED when you vote. Click here to see what you can use for identification.
1999, 2002, 2003, 2005 and 2008 election info
Answer a few questions to see if you are eligible to vote in the next Chilliwack election